Posts Tagged ‘syntax error’
How to get rid of the anoying syntax error popup message when using Internet Explorer with Java so your mother-in-law will stop buggin’ you about it
Quite some time ago I encountered this error the first time, to be honest i can not even remember when it was. But I do know it was Windows 7 and Internet Explorer fully updated, together with the current Java runtime environment that gave me the problem, but I am getting ahead of myself.
- Using Internet Explorer, Windows 7 and Java Runtime Environment - all updated to latest editions on completely clean installations
- On all webpages loading Java the following error message appears twice (x2, two times, 2 times).
Title: "Microsoft JScript compilation er...".
Error message: "Syntax error".
Extra bonus information:
- I have experienced this problem on Windows 7 with and without service packs, Internet Explorer 8 and 9
- Usually the problem appears from "birth" with default settings
- Settings in Internet Explorer for showing errors, debugging scripts, etc. are all set to default i.e. not to anoy the user
- The error always comes two times and has absolutely no usefull information
- The Java application works fine without any errors, the only error is the actual message about the error and yes it is realy anoying
So to continue... Read the rest of this entry »